Gasworks Choir understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website www.gasworkschoir.co.uk and we do not collect personal data about you unless you contact us and freely provide it. Any personal data we do collect will only be used as permitted by law.
What Does This Policy Cover?
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- access to the personal data we hold about you so you can rectify any information that is inaccurate or incomplete, or ask us to delete it, or restrict its use.
- If you have a complaint please contact us through the website; if we cannot help you can seek advice from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
- If you send us an email, we collect your name and email address, and ask you for other information which you choose or are prepared to give us including your phone number and postal address..
- If you become a member of Gasworks Choir, we collect such personal information from you as is necessary to effectively manage your membership and allow you to take part in the activities of the choir.
- We do not place cookies on your computer or device, nor do we use any other means of data collection.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- If we do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- We may use your details to reply to any email you send us and to notify you of information about the activities of Gasworks Choir, including concerts and singing events, workshops and holidays run by ourselves and our colleagues.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes without your permission.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data on our database for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure any data we hold about you (even if it is only your email address).
How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held) and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
Changes to Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy
- We may change this Policy from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be posted on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the Privacy and Data Protection Policy on your first use of our website following the alterations. We recommend that you check our website regularly to keep up to date.